Henley Juniors (Nippers) are the younger side of Lifesaving. It can be a rewarding experience for the whole family. Children and adults alike have the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge, make new friends and gain personal satisfaction from participating in a world-wide recognised volunteer organisation.
Many of Henley’s Age Group Leaders were Juniors at the Henley SLSC.
Why Join Juniors?
- To enjoy a fit and healthy lifestyle.To learn important skills, resuscitation and beach safety.
- To have fun with other children.
- To benefit from and be involved in surf competitions, teamwork and sportspersonship.
The involvement of children in Surf Lifesaving is geared towards learning surf safety and having fun. Our goal is to ensure that by the time our juniors are ready to graduate to Under 15s they have their Surf Rescue Certificate and are active patrolling Surf Life Savers.
We believe the discipline required to be an active Surf Life Saver will help in the molding of your child’s character.
Did you know that 86% of the elite Surf Life Saving Iron Persons have come from the Juniors, and that 83% of children join Juniors because of the involvement of family and/or friends or that they simply live close by? Children like to make friends, catch waves and have fun.
To find out which age group your child would be in, look at the Age Groups page
- Families and family spirit in a fun and friendly atmosphere
- Participation as a means of achievement
- Competition as a test and showcase of the skills we have developed
- Skills and personal development through professional and caring coaching and tuition
- Encouragement, reward and innovation to drive continuous improvement
Not sure about joining?
If you are not sure if your child is keen to do this sport they can come and try, one session before you need to register them as a club member. To do this simply obtain a WAIVER form on the day, fill it in then sign in your child with the appropriate age groups.
Hot Weather Policy
Members are advised to check the weather forecast on the Bureau of Meteorology website at www.bom.gov.au/sa/forecasts/adelaide on Friday evening at 5pm.
- If the forecast is 38 degrees or less, training will continue as normal.
- If the forecast is above 38 degrees, training will be moved to the morning at 9am
See the Juniors Calendar for details of all upcoming events including:
- Junior Training for all the details of the training offered to Juniors at Henley
- Junior Carnivals for details of all carnivals for the current season